Release the full potential of SQL hiding in your IBM i database
Greater speed and performance is just one key benefit to moving to SQL.
You also prepare your applications to evolve in a wider variety of ways, increase data security and data integrity, reduce future development time, and open your database to greater interoperability with other applications as well as reporting, design and management tools.
Address the “coexistence” challenges of database modernization on the IBM i.
Existing applications will run as before, with no recompilation
New applications will use the new Database features immediately
Gradual and smooth transition between the old and the new applications will be ensured
Database downtime will be minimal
Migrate from DDS to SQL without changes in existing applications.
Enrich your system: Take advantage of SQL functions, universality and performance. Open your platform to third party tools.
Graphically and dynamically document your data model, discover all the implicit relationships, safely implement them in the database without breaking existing applications.
Increase productivity and precision: through better and shared understanding across teams, through better impact analysis. Identify structural anomalies. Relationships can then be implemented in the database to take advantage of database normalization.
This step does not require migrating to SQL before.
Step 2: Governability and Administration
Manage your data, build coherent and secured test environments
Xcase for i brings freedom, agility and safety to data management on the IBM i
Create an accurate graphical data model, conduct impact analysis and modify the database easily.
Improve data governance: administrate your model with a unique graphical tool, implement changes with speed and precision thanks to automatically generated SQL scripts.
Build compact yet comprehensive Dev/Test databases, accurately representing the Prod Environment.
Enhance Dev performance: simplify the creation and management processes of Dev environments, ensure dev quality and agility through compact yet representative and coherent Dev/Test databases. Allow testers to compare and restore data during their tests with Snapshots.
Anonymize your data in Dev/Test environments.
Ensure data security and legal compliance: anonymize business sensitive and personal data in your Dev/Test databases using automatically generated conversion dictionaries.
Complete stand-alone solution (no need for step 1)
Conduct a full transformation of your database with minimum impact on your system and your teams
- Transform your database massively with an exhaustive approach, reduce overall costs, avoid the processing errors caused by manual implementation; all this without changing existing programs
- Modernize your database with minimal downtime, whatever its size
- You can also entrust us with the modernization project, leaving your teams focused on your business: we have successfully conducted multiple database modernization projects
Trust the experts
- Over 30 years dedicated to the development of database tools
- Highly qualified and experienced database experts team
- Database design best practices: our rich history of customization for specific database environments has resulted in tightly-integrated solutions with unmatched functionality and value
- Continuous improvement approach based on vision, customer feedback and projects implementation
- State of the Art graphical interface
- Supporting of the complete lifecycle of the database
- Advanced multi-platform database Anonymization Solution
- Database DevOps Integration